Judy is a Partner in the Litigation practice of Maynard Nexsen. With years of experience in commercial litigation, Judy primarily focuses on matters of complex business disputes in the areas of banking and finance, real estate and construction, business torts, class actions and franchise. She advances the client’s cause to the best advantage based on the particular needs of the case, be it aggressive trial advocacy or skillful negotiation. Judy is also a trained mediator and arbitrator. Judy has obtained significant recovery in trials and arbitration in complex cases representing:
- financial institutions and private lenders in disputes with borrowers, participant banks and partners, maximizing recovery on defaulted loans and lender liability cases
- owners and users of real estate, real estate brokers and construction professionals
- franchisors and franchisees in business and leasing issues
- growth companies, closely-held companies and entrepreneurs in business fraud and partnership disputes
- companies needing protection from anti-competitive behavior and theft of trade secrets
Judy is experienced in resolving multi-party fraud and investment schemes and multi-party disputes, while minimizing negative publicity and collateral consequences. A speaker of Cantonese and Mandarin Chinese, Judy frequently represents Asian clients in all aspects of their business planning and execution, and U.S. companies doing business in Asia or with the local Asian communities.